Nutri-Green’s Professional Lawn Care Program includes 7 scheduled visits throughout the growing season. We typically use a slow release fertilizer that provides important nutrients and micro-nutrients over a longer period of time.
This means there’s no sudden bursts of top growth that require lots of additional mowing. Instead, our granular fertilizer dissolves into the soil slowly, providing just the right balance of nutrients for strong root development and lush green top-growth.
Nutri-Green 7 Step Lawn Care Progam
Early Spring Lawn Application
Slow-release granular fertilizer with a special Pre-Emergent weed control that stops invasive crabgrass in its tracks.
Spring Lawn Application
Slow-release granular fertilizer with a 2nd Pre-Emergent weed control that extends your grassy weed protection long into the summer months when most of these types of weed become visible in unprotected lawns.
Early Summer Lawn Application
Another granular slow-release fertilizer application with additional micronutrients to keep your soil in top growing condition. We also spot treat for any broadleaf weeds that have appeared.
Summer Lawn Application
At this important time in the growing season, we apply a special natural Organic Fertilizer that greatly improves your soil’s structure throughout the rest of the growing season.
Fall Lawn Application
This is a critical time for your lawn’s future vitality and health. The top-growth of your lawn is not growing as fast. However, the root system continues to grow. By providing a High Nitrogen fertilizer at this time, we keep the top-growth of your turf grass healthy and productive.
Late Fall Lawn Winterizer
This is the final fertilizer application of the year. It gives your turf grass a balanced blend of nutrients to keep it strong and viable throughout the upcoming colder months of winter. Next spring your lawn will green up faster and be healthier.
Pelletized Lime Application
For optimum growth turf grasses require a balanced pH level in the soil. Most of the soils here in Virginia require adding lime to keep our soils in this ideal range.
Did you know these lawn facts?
• A lawn measuring 50’ x 50’ will create enough oxygen to meet the needs of a family of four every day.
• A beautiful lawn and landscape can increase the value of a home by as much as 15%
• Good soil/turf bonding prevents the loss of precious topsoil, slowing runoff and trapping soil particles that fill and spoil our waterways.
• Well kept, weed-free lawns reduce allergens and the likelihood of insect bites.
• Dense turf filters surface water before it returns to ground water supplies.
• Grass cools naturally – when street and sidewalk temperatures exceed 100 degrees, the surface of a lawn remains at about 75 degrees.